cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA Extentions - ASP requirement?

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hello,

I am trying to locate if .net 2.0 is required on the FE and BE servers to install the extentions.
Is it?

.net 2.0 is installed on the EV servers, but not on the exchange ones. (don't ask me why..) During installation of the extentions we do see a message aboutbeing unable to modify controlfolders, but this has is under investigation. I did notice the lack of .net 2.0.. Might that be the issue?

Is .net 2.0 required on the Exchange servers?

Thanks.

Regards. Gertjan
1 REPLY 1

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
.Net 2.0 does not need to be installed to install the OWA extensions. Regarding your merge controls folder issue this is happening because we edit the controls folder in the exchweb directoryof the highest directory. We place our code in some of these files so we can show our icons.
So if you look at the highest numbered directory you should have a folder called controls originals copied by enterprise vault.
The following technote references a certain directory number but you may have a higher one. But the instructions will be the same:

If after following the technote above you still get the error then I would suggest opening a case with support as we would need to setup logging to have a look at what checksum comparisons are happenin g