cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office 2003 SP3

MarkOlsen
Level 4
All:

I understand Microsoft has released SP3 for Office 2003.  Any issues with Outlook 2003 SP3 and EV?  Supported?

Thanks ... Mark
12 REPLIES 12

Ian_McShane
Level 3
Hi Mark,

Outlook 2003 SP3 is currently undergoing certification, this means that currently it is not supported with the Enterprise Vault user add-in nor on the Enterprise Vault server (where necessary).
Once the certification exercise is completed, the Symantec Enterprise Vault HCL/SCL (http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/276547) will be updated to reflect the support status and any further information or actions required.

I hope that helps!

Ian

MarkOlsen
Level 4
Ian:

Anything new on certification of Office 2003 SP3?

Thanks ... Mark

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Mark

As Ian said, take a look at the document he mentioned.
SP3 is not yet in there, so it is not supported.

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Ian_McShane
Level 3
Hi,

Sorry I missed your post Mark, I have been OOO.

Currently SP3 is not supported.  We are working with Microsoft on an issue introduced with Outlook SP3 which means that it is unlikely to be supported in the short term (i.e. 1 or 2 months).

Keep an eye on the compatibility chart (http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/276547) which is usually updated on a monthly basis.
Also, I highly recommend signing up for our E-Mail Notification service (http://maillist.entsupport.symantec.com/subscribe.asp).  This way you can be updated as soon as new articles are published and by way of a monthly digest.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,

Ian

David_standish
Level 5
Ian - We are sorry to be pests, but is there an announcement soon coming about Office 2003 SP3 support?  (Yes, I'm already subscribed to the technote.) Our IT Security Department is pressing hard to have this SP deployed to the Enterprise and I need a better  understanding if there is a major issue related to Enterprise Vault.  We can do some testing of our own, but would you be able to shed any light on what aspect of the client experience may be impacted?  It would be helpful to have a little more detail when evaluating the risk of allowing a deployment of the SP to our organization. Thanks. - David

Ian_McShane
Level 3
We're just ironing out the final details here, I hope to have a formal update available by COB today.
In the simplest terms, there are certain circumstances where specific archived items will not be available to end users running the EV Add-in and Outlook 2003 SP3.
The items affected contain either a large number of recipients or a large number of attachments.
I can say for sure that, short term at least, we won't be supporting the use of Outlook 2003 SP3 on the Enterprise Vault server itself.

I'll update this post a little later on today with the official details.

Thanks!

Ian

PATRICK_Kitchen
Level 6
Can you please confirm - is this the case with all versions of EV or just some ?

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
It is not certified against any version of EV

Ian_McShane
Level 3
Hi Patrick,

Of course, we are aiming for all currently supported versions of Enterprise Vault and their associated Outlook Add-in.
I'll be posting the full details as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Ian

Ian_McShane
Level 3
I just thought I'd post a update on SP3.

I had a quick chat with the cert team this morning and we're _almost_ happy to move Outlook 2003 SP3 to supported status, there were just a couple of scenarios I asked them to double check so we can clarify a couple of the caveats that I alluded to in my post yesterday.

Once they've been done and we're good to go, i'll update this thread with the official KM article URL.

Any questions, feel free to add them to this thread.

Thanks!

Ian

Ian_McShane
Level 3
Hi,

You can find full details of the support of Outlook 2003 SP3 in this KM article http://support.veritas.com/docs/296572

Thanks!

Ian

Message Edited by Ian Mcshane on 01-25-2008 03:04 PM

David_standish
Level 5
Just downloaded SP3 and tested trying to access an archived message with 2900 recipients and got the results described in the article. 

As a workaround until the next release, I did note that it is possible to restore the item to the mailbox and it appears to come back intact, so this issue does not affect the actual data that is stored, just the ability to access the content.

I'm guessing this is the reason it's not supported to load SP3 on the Vault Servers themselves.