Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2007 plug ins

ESI_EVAULT
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I am having all kinds of problems with the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-ins.  Specifically, the issue is the Vault icons in Outlook disappear, and the appropriate shortcut icons for archived items are not displayed; rather, they show up as unread messages.  Finally, a couple days ago, I have one user who on his machine, cannot see his attachment links for archived items.  The attachments are there, and the links are visible on other machines when he logs in, but not on his.

We run through the usual steps, ResetEVclient.exe, delete and recreate the profile, and even uninstalling and reinstalling the Outlook add-ins (We are using the full version as I recall). 

These steps typically fix the issue for a couple weeks, but then it pops up again.  The bottom line is our IT department is getting very frustrated (and I don't blame them) having to perform these steps on 2 or 3 machines every day, not to mention the end user frustration (and panic) when they think they've lost their archives. 

Does anyone have any specific settings we can put in for Outlook (it's Outlook 2007, and Enterprise Vault 2007, I believe sp1) that can fix these issues once and for all? 

Thanks all...

3 REPLIES 3

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

Have you deployed the forms locally?

There is an option in the Exchange Policy -> Advanced to do so.

This should help with the "they show up as unread messages", and probably other failures, too.

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

SHI-CRO
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I saw this a few weeks ago.  For some reason it was related to Outlook on the EV server being patched to SP3.  We removed Outlook, reinstalled and patched to SP2 and the issues were resolved.

ESI_EVAULT
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I don't recall how we're deploying the forms, and I'm not onsite to check.

Also, we're not at sp3, or sp2, but sp1.  But an uninstall and reinstall may be the answer.