cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Freezing opening archived item w/EV 10.0

Steve_Phillips1
Level 3

I have an issue where a few of my employees are having issues when they go to open an archived email in Outlook 2007 and EV 10.0.  It's very similar to this article pertaining to EV 9.0.3: http://www.symantec.com/business/support//index?page=content&id=TECH176268.  They go to open an archived email and outlook locks up.  The Outlook.exe process go to full tilt and the memory usage shoots up (and changes), but the item won't and Outlook is frozen.

There are work-arounds that work sometimes, like doing a search for the item and forwarding/replying, which let you see the item and attachments.  As in the mentioned article, I can browse to the EV site just fine.

I can temporarily fix the problem by doing the following:

1) Resetting IE

2) Recreating the Exchange profile

3) Reinstalling the EV Outlook plug-in.

But eventually, the problem returns.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Unfortunately, Steve, there isn't anything to 'fix' at the moment, yours is the first report of this type of issue.  So without the investigation part being done, and due process followed, nothing will happen.  [I tried the same combination as you mentioned, and it works fine]

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

just out of curiosity, have you tried the Enterprise Vault 9.0.2 Outlook client for these select users having the issue you describe?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do you have Vault Cache and Virtual Vault enabled?

Are there any other third party Outlook Add-ins installed?

What OS's are affected?

Have you got a client log as an example?  [Note: It might also be necessary to obtain user dumps, but, that'll come down the line in time, and there isn't an easy way to share that on the forums]

Steve_Phillips1
Level 3

I was going to try that, but I wanted Symantec to know what was going on with 10.0 so they can work on a fix.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Unfortunately, Steve, there isn't anything to 'fix' at the moment, yours is the first report of this type of issue.  So without the investigation part being done, and due process followed, nothing will happen.  [I tried the same combination as you mentioned, and it works fine]

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Was anything else needed on this issue?