cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook crashes after manual vaulting (EV v6 SP3) in Cached Exchange Mode

david_darling
Level 2
Hello,

I'll start by saying that I am not the Enterprise Vault administrator at my organization, but simply a second-level support technician looking into this issue.

We are using EV 6.0 SP3 with Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003.

Everything works fine, until someone (anyone, this issue isn't people-specific) turns on Cached Exchange Mode in Outlook, and then attempts to manually archive an e-mail (or multiple e-mails). When this is done, Outlook crashes with the standard, "MS Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close..." error message. Here are the details of the error:

-----
AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.8010.0 AppStamp:43d16d53
ModName: outllib.dll ModVer: 11.0.8010.0 ModStamp:43d16cd2
fDebug: 0 Offset: 0003c934
-----

This issue also occurs when someone has not only Cached Exchange Mode turned on, but also has Offline Vault turned on.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Anyone have a resolution?

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Alan_M
Level 6
Start by bumping up the EV client side log.

Hold CTRL-SHFT down and click on an EV button. Changing the logging level to 4 (max) and then restart Outlook. Re-create the steps that are causing the crash. Once Outlook has crashed look at the log files to see if there is any additional information. If necessary post any relevant log entries back here.

Can you also confirm that anyone who does not have Offline Vault is OK. If this is true it might point to some type of sync issue.

david_darling
Level 2
Hi!

I turned on logging as you suggested, and the log files from a crashed session do not state any additional information (although they don't close properly).

This issue occurs for anyone who has Cached Exchange Mode turned on, OR Cached Exchange Mode and Offline Vault turned on together.

If neither of these settings are enabled, the issue does not occur.