cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST Ingestion: Client Driven PST Migration

karthik_srikuma
Level 4
We have Multiple Users sharing a Same Desktop and each users has a Unique Login and Outlook Profile and PST. The issue we face is when we initiate Client Driven PST Migration its migrates all the PST found on the Computer since it is a shared computer other users PST (those No Enabled)  also  gets migrated to the Users Archive,

Is this how it works (Cannt  we Use Client Driven Wiward on Shared computers) or do we way a workaround  for this 

Please help 

Karthik 

4 REPLIES 4

GCSPT
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
This shouldn't happen, the client machine should be putting markers on teh pst files to highlight which mailbox's they are connected too. In the ADV tab of the exchange mailbox policy do you have the 'mark pst files' set to ON.

karthik_srikuma
Level 4
 Yes we have the Mark PST Set ON in the Desktop Policy. We are using EV 8 

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified
Client migration doesnt use the markings as the mailbox is determined by the connecting client.

The Outlook add on will search for all PST's on the local disks and migrate them unless you use the policy setting limiting them to the client user's Document and Settings folder and subfolders.    

So what is happening is normal behavior.   I know there has been talk in the past about changing that to allow more granular folder selection or limitations but that is not currently on the roadmap.

I know there is a good whitepaper on it as well, but I found this one article specific for Client Side Migration written by one of the Backline Engineers.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/client-side-migration-process

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
As mentioned above, tick the box in the screenshot ...

CaptureCPST.JPG
Working for cloudficient.com