cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST Migrator issue?

Codec
Level 3

Hello,

I've just a short question regarding PST import/migration. I'am running server based PST import and it seems all works fine, but after a successful import (I use only the option "Hide it to help you see how many PST s are left to migrate") I'm not able to open those imported PST's again, they seems to be empty. Is that a normal behavior or the content really getting deleted in the PST drung/after the import?

Thank you very much for any ansewer.

Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Codec
Level 3

Hi @All

Thanks a alot for your comments. I am happy to know now this is as normal behavior and actually not a

problem..

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

The items in the PSTs will be removed after successful import into EV.

Working for cloudficient.com

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Check if the PST is marked as read Only .

RRE
Level 6

Hello,

Items getting deleted from PST file after migration is controlled by the following setting which is found under Policies - Exchange - PST  Migration - PostMigration Tab.

Hope this helps.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

@RRE - that's not correct.  That is whether the PST file is deleted post successful migration or not.

Items in the PST file will always be removed once archived.

See also here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/evpm-import-emptiesclears-mail-pst

Codec
Level 3

Hi @All

Thanks a alot for your comments. I am happy to know now this is as normal behavior and actually not a

problem..

Thanks again.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Glad to help.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

So your PSt files were not deleted they were just marked as reas only . Right ?

Codec
Level 3

@RahulG

No, the PST wasn't marked as "read only", only as hidden. So I was just wondering why I couldn't see any itmes in the PST's left after the import. On of our customer complain that the import was not complete and I was searching for a way to compare the PST against the imported content.