cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST import question

RahulKatiyar
Level 2

Hello Members

Can anyone please let me know what all options are left with us if a manual pst import fails in between and it does not create shortcuts in the mailbox. I have observed that whenever it fails most of the data is migrated ot the archive but it does not create shortcut.

It would be a pain to restart the pst import again using the wizard because it is uncessary waste of time also it will end up in creating duplicate data in the archive.

Regards
Rahul Katiyar

7 REPLIES 7

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Rahul,

Most common factor is a setting in the PST Migration Policy, under tab Shortcut Creation.

If you have for instance the setting 'restrict shortcuts by age' set to 1 year, and you import a PST which has items older that 1 year only, you will not get shortcuts.

I suggest to check that setting first.

Regards. Gertjan

Hello

Thanks for your reply.

I am particularly talking about manual PST import from the server which is right click on archive and select impost pst.

In the wizard we get an option whether we want to create shortcuts or not.

our users wants shortcut to be create and in my case when the import wizard fails with an error it is a pain.

Any suggestions would be of great help.

Regards
Rahul Katiyar

What is the error?

Working for cloudficient.com

Hi Rob

Thanks for your response,

I have attached the error screenshot.

Sounds like the process crashed. If that's the case then Veritas support should be able to help you and obtain a crash dump, and sample PST to reproduce the issue - and hopefully fix it. Of course it could be that the PST is actually corrupt, and that's what's causing the process to crash.

Thanks for your prompt response Rob..I have repaired the pst using the scan pst and trying the import again and it looks to be moving further than before. As far as I know we dont have an functionality in EV that will skip a corrupted item while doing a wizrd driven import. Can you please let me know if there is an option on exchange powershell that we use to skip corrupted items while doing an export from powershell. Something like an integrity check on items which are being exported from exchange to pst.

I am in process of exporting mailbox to pst from exchange 2010 environment.

Thanks for all the help.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that.