cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partially Processed Pass Limit Reached - 1000

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

I'm trying to archive all messages in a particular mailbox, however the archiving status shows "Partially Processed Pass Limit Reached".

No matter if I attempt a RunNow on this Mailbox nothing appears to happen.

A report even isn't created. I tried to DTRACE the Archive Task but can't see any reference to the Mailbox even.

I've been told that I shouldn't change the 1000 limit as previously this may have played a part in knackering the exchange server.

Any advice provided will be gratefully received.

11 REPLIES 11

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

When you do the run now on the task, if you don't select 'all items' then it will only archive the numbers of items you've specified in the 'number of eligible items' dialog

So.. well..  you can either run it lots of times (it'll archive N items per time)

Or change the limit

Or select to archive all items.

Working for cloudficient.com

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

Thanks for that, I never noticed it before, but EV has selected "Archive all items" for me.

The account isn't disabled or hidden from the address book, but no matter how many times I hit RunNow no report gets generated.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

what version of EV are you on?

are you sure you're looking in the right path for the report?

do you at least have something in the event viewer?

SHI-CRO
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you do a run now in report mode do you get a report?  That will at least tell you what items are eligible.

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

We are on 10.0.4.

Yes the reports are present for previous runs which weren't for these few mailboxes I'm looking at.

No errors are showing in the event viewer.

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

No report is generated for runnow in report mode for the mailboxes I'm looking at.

AndrewB

just to make sure we're both looking in the same place, the reports path is ...\Enterprise Vault\Reports\Exchange Mailbox Archiving\<evserver>\RunNow\RunNow_<date>\

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

Well this is strange, it appears that RunNow may have actually been running in the background. The reports appeared much later in the evening even though it was kicked off in the afternoon and was just for one mailbox.

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

Even though the mailbox policy is showing correctly, which is set to archive everything older than 0 days, however Items ineligible under policy is showing 8008!

AndrewB

could be different message classes that arent defined in your mailbox policy

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

Thanks for pointing that out, I've checked the policy and the message classes which haven't been archived are all included. The exchange administrator also said that the mail limit which had been exceeded was removed.