cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placeholder vs Archive itens

Leonardo_Barbos
Level 3
Partner
I would like the EV acted in the following situation: When you delete a placeholder, the EV delete archive file after three months. If the user does not delete the placeholder, the EV will not delete the archive File.
Is it possible? If yes, How can I do that?
4 REPLIES 4

HonkyTonkHero
Level 4
When the stub (placeholder) is deleted by an end user and the item is left in the vault then it will be expired based on the applied retention. As far as I know there is no way to "set a timer" on those items and have them expired from the vault earlier than their retention calls for.

I suppose you could train your users to drag items they want to delete into an EVPM folder that has a 30 day retention based on archive date. I'm not entirely sure that would keep the items for 30 additional days and training your users to do that...well...you know how that goes.

Leonardo_Barbos
Level 3
Partner
Thanks the feedback.
The problem is that users accidentally delete files and these would be stored in EV for a long time. Thus, occupying unnecessary space.
Independend, if the user deletes the file or not, the policy of retention will apply to the files in the EV, right?

Amit_Gupta
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Assuming you are using File Sytem Archiving. You can probably use Safety Folder feature to let EV not delete items on placeholder deletion but wait till storage expiry run to expire items at the end of retention policy. I dont think you can set a time limit, post shortcut deletion, on deletion of the archived item.

gmackinn
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Set "Enable recovery of user deleted items" to 3 months  in the site properties and you will give yourself that capability. It is a little crude as the recovery is then done on each archive and you cannot select what you choose not to have deleted but it is a useful safety net.