cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post archiving problem!!

doctortt
Level 6
For weeks, we have been experiencing post archiving problem. Hundreds of items sit in the A1 queue in the morning intermittently. Pending items in Outlook don't get converted to shortcuts.  I often have to restart the archive task for at least 10 times in order to flush the A1 queue. For example, the A1 queue has like 600 items; I restart the archive task, and the A1 queue will then drop to 560 and then stop. I have to continue to restart the task in order to reach to zero. I already have a ticket open with Symantec and have been working with two senior support engineers on this; however, no luck. We did all the dtrace that we possibiliy could. We even got the DBA to perform SQL maintenance on the databases. At this point, I don't even know what to do. What could it be?
6 REPLIES 6

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

Hi,

What's the case reference number

Mike(Symantec)

EV_Guru
Level 4
Partner

The users have move the shortcuts while the are pending and they getting stucked in the queues because EV can't finish then the archivied process of the items. You have to check you vaultstore config with "immediately after archive" and you "pending shortcut timeout" in policy settings to fix this, now and for the future...

www.longerich.com

doctortt
Level 6

Hi Dodo,

This ticket number is 312-069-229. Thanks again.

doctortt
Level 6

Hi EV Guru,

Thanks for the reply. I don't think this is the case. Our archive task runs at like 1:00 AM in the morning, and I come in to the office at 7:00 AM; therefore, I really doubt anyone would be moving pending shorcuts in this period.

EV_Guru
Level 4
Partner

The shortcuts can also be moved outside this period, during the whole day to get this problem. It is based on the EV archiving mechanism and the vault store config of your system.

www.longerich.com

doctortt
Level 6

DoDo,

Any luck with looking up my case?

Thanks