cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive export to PST problem!

doctortt
Level 6

I'm trying to export this user's archive in EV to PST. I looked at the PSTs afterward, and I found something strange. I set each PST to 600MB max. When I looked at one of the PSTs, I saw there were only six calendar items, and each is 85MB. However, when I went to the properties of the PST, it was 55XMB. Why?

Another strange thing, the six 85MB calendar items are all the same. Why?

Update: Commitee Agenda Update - 1/19/2007, 3/28, 85MB

2 REPLIES 2

Alan_M
Level 6
What's in the actual archive? Just one of these items or are there actually multiple copies, perhaps a recurring appointment? As for the PST what is the size on disk? The size on disk is nearly always larger than the actual value reported in the PST properties which would mean that if the next item was another 85MB calendar item it would stop because of your 600MB limit.

doctortt
Level 6

This is very strange.

1) I narrowed down to a particular day - 1/20/2007

2) Went to EV console and tried to export the archive to PST. Selected the user and picked that date. Configured each PST to be 600MB max.

3) Export started to run.

4) Looked at the output folder (and waited like an hr+), there were 30 PSTs, each was 56X MB.  Back to the export process, it was half way through and failed.

Question 1: Why did the export process fail at PST #31 everytime? I tried the export process a few times and same result.

Question 2: After the export job had failed, I opened all 30 PSTs in Outlook.  In the calendar folder, there were six items, each was 86MB, and they were all the same.  This goes the same for the other 29 PSTs.  Why were there dupes?

I spoke with my colleague and a symantec engineer; back in EV 6.X, EV had problems with archiving calendars, and Symantec changed the way how EV archives calendar items. Does any guru remember this?  Could the dupes the result of this?