cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Archiving

Jens_Monrad
Level 4
Partner
spending my day at a customer site setting up EV 7.5, we expirenced something odd. I have setup archiving for one user and enabled the mailbox. When I did a archive report I was told there was 1892 items ready to be archived. We then did the archive and continued to look into Offline vault. Then we created a new policy for the user and therefore exported all mail to the users mailbox and disabled offline vault. I confirmed that all mail was back restored in the users mailbox and the timestamps was correct as well.

With the new policy attached we did a new archive report before the archiving it self. Now there was only 3 items ready to be archived.

So i ran a Dtrace command on the archive task and now i see numorus of these events..

5311 15:00:07.946  [4992] (ArchiveTask) <5112> EV:H :CArchivingAgent::IsEligibleForArchive() |Entering routine  |

5312 15:00:07.946  [4992] (ArchiveTask) <5112> EV:L :CArchivingAgent::IsEligibleForArchive(/o=<companyname>/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=JD65690213) |The message titled:  <subject> will not be archived as its inactivity period has not expired  |

5313 15:00:07.946  [4992] (ArchiveTask) <5112> EV:H :CArchivingAgent::IsEligibleForArchive() |Exiting routine |

subject and ou has been removed due to customer privacy..

Any suggestions?
8 REPLIES 8

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
When you exported the items back you changes the modified date. You are probable archiving by date.

You will need to list the modified date in Outlook because it is not listed by default.

Jim S.

Jens_Monrad
Level 4
Partner
Thanks for the quick reply, by listing the modify date it will help me archive? Do you know how to ?

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Set your policy to "0" and "0" 

Sync the user

Run an archive.

Jim S

Jens_Monrad
Level 4
Partner
Cheers I will try that, because the default policy for the user is "archive everything older than 6 months" ..

Jens_Monrad
Level 4
Partner
when you say set the policy to 0 and 0, do you mean the archiving rules?

Jens_Monrad
Level 4
Partner
you are right =) .. I Just checked  and last modified is changed ..

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner