cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with EV and IE11 on Server 2012 R2

inga78
Level 3

Hello,

we have a problem viewing EV in IE11. The webside is very big (see attachment), so that no buttons are able to click.
Also CTRL + - does not have any effect to resize the side.

Same side viewed in Firefox, looks good.

Is there a bug in EV with IE11 ? I haven't found any solution in the forums here.

Kind regards

Inga

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

OK. Also make sure you dont have any GPOs that are forcing the page to open in Document Mode instead of compatibility mode. See this previous thread with similar scenario as yours. (last forum post in the list)

https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/ev11-win81-ie11-search-page-size#comment-10923901

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

What button are you looking for?? Have you attempted to view the page in Compatibility mode?

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Also, by the looks of your screenshot, the page looks normal 

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

inga78
Level 3

Thx for the fast replies.

Yes, tried in compability mode, but no effect.

Yes, the screenshot looks normal, but on my account, the view looks a little bit bigger than in Firefox.
While another user has so big icons that he can't click anywhere in the left frame.

Hope I can attach a screenshot tomorrow to show the issue.

inga78
Level 3

So far, here is a screenshot with Firefox to compare IE -> Firefox

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

This seems more like an IE issue than an EV issue. Have you tried resetting the user IE settings from the Tools menu?

inga78
Level 3

Yes. I think too that this is an IE issue. But the problem is, that any other side could be zoomed (like 85%, 125% and so on).
Also the font can be set to bigger or lower.

But the EV-webside, any setting at zoom or font has no effect. If I set 300% zoom, nothing changes. Open new Tab and open
google.com, changing to 300% the zoom works.

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

What version of EV are you on? Just to be 100% you should refer to the compatibility guide here(See Page 44): https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH38537

to make sure you're configurations are set correctly

inga78
Level 3

We are using 11_0_1_CHF4 on Server 2012 R2 with IE 11 AS described in the article.

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

OK. Also make sure you dont have any GPOs that are forcing the page to open in Document Mode instead of compatibility mode. See this previous thread with similar scenario as yours. (last forum post in the list)

https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/ev11-win81-ie11-search-page-size#comment-10923901

inga78
Level 3

Perfect! That fixed our issue. Set the DocumentType via GPO from DocumentMode 7 to 9 and the view looks good.

THX for your solution!