Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with quota based Mailbox Archiving

noa
Level 3
Certified

Hello,

I have the following problem on a EV 9 Server:

The customer wants to archive items based on quota and not on age. So we created a policy with quota based archiving rules and the option "archive large items first". We didnt set any other option like "Never archive items younger than x days/weeks".

Now there are several mailboxes which reached the "critical" quota on exchange but the EV does not archive anything. We get a message like "There are no items which meet the requirements of EV to reach the quota"

What do you think could be the problem here? Is there something wrong with the message classes configured in EV oder is it necessary to set the option with the younger items?

Thanks for your help

Kind Regards

Flavio

Sorry for my english, I hope you can understand what i mean ;)

2 REPLIES 2

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

EV first evaluates the prohibit receive value when considering if someone is past their Exchange quota limit. If a prohibit receive value is not set, EV then utilizes the value set to prohibit send for the applicable mailbox. If there is nothing set for prohibiting sending or receiving, then EV will utilize the value set to warn a user of excessive quota utilization.

If those mailboxes have already exceeded the quota then EV will not be able to archive them.

Check if the correct Mailbox policy has been applied? In the vault admin console >> Targets >> Exchange >> Right click and select display policies assigned to the users. Find the affected user and check the policy assinged.

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You can refer following technote: Recommendations for quota-based archiving
http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO57168