Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Folder Archival Permissions

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
hey folks,
I'm a lil braindead today, and was wondering about public folder archiving and how the permissions are applied to subfolders.

So I get the fact that you can create an archive at a certain level, and then all public folders beneath it are archived as well.

Let's say that you have a very complex public folder tree, with different permissions (more ) as you flow down the hierarchy. What happens with the permissions as they change? Is it just like mailbox archiving where it pulls from each folder's permission set? Or is it more like FSA where the top of the tree is where the perms get set, and that's the way for everything underneath it.

The part I'm worried about is if we set an archive at a relatively open public folder, but underneath it is a restricted one. My fear is that users without access to the restricted folder will be able to do searches.

micah
2 REPLIES 2

Logan_Sutterfie
Level 4
Accredited
Micah,

We synchronize folder level permissions. I understand your worry, but if we didn't plan for that, it would be a major security hole.

Logan

Tonya_McDuffie
Level 2
We have a very complex public folder structure, as well as differing permissions throughout the public folder hierarchy.

Our original plan was to create a few high-level vault targets and assumed that lower-level Public Folder permissions would synchronize with the vault for appropriate client permissions. We opened a case and have since been told that this was not possible. Does anyone have any specific documentation on how public folder archiving works with permissions on lower-level folders if they're part of a parent target? FSA is implemented in our environment and the FSA Properties/Permissions applies client permissions properly.

Thanks, Tonya