cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA FE Buttons

Jeff_Harms
Level 3
In our test environment we use EV 6SP3 with an 03 FE SP2 server and an 03 BE Cluster SP2 server.

The problem is that I cannot see the buttons added to the navigation bar from the FE server however the email icons are there on the FE server.

From the BE server everything works, icons and buttons running from either node. We have followed the supplied documentation as far as adding the extensions.
4 REPLIES 4

Alan_M
Level 6
Compare the OWA control versions on the Exchange fe and be servers. These can be found in the exchweb folder of the Exchange binaries install directory. The versions should match. I believe the latest version supported is .7651.25. Inside this folder look for a JS file vw_navbar.js. This is the file that should be cached locally on the client.

Also make sure that the evservers.txt file contains the physical cluster node names as well as site and ev server aliases.

Post back anything you find out.

Jeff_Harms
Level 3
The control versions are the same on FE and BE, 6.5.7638.1 and vw_navbar.js existed at both locations. I did not have the physical cluster node names on the evservers.txt file. I have added them and tested but the FE does'nt display the nav buttons.

Alan_M
Level 6
Here's a couple of more things to try. Make sure that the physical node names were added to the winhttp proxy exception list correctly by looking at the values stored in the registry. The key is of the binary type but if you open it you can actually see the list of names. Two, make sure you clear the IE cache and reconnect to OWA when you are testing. If you are connecting through ISA or there is anything else that might cache web pages make sure they are also cleared.

> The control versions are the same on FE and BE,
> 6.5.7638.1 and vw_navbar.js existed at both
> locations. I did not have the physical cluster node
> names on the evservers.txt file. I have added them
> and tested but the FE does'nt display the nav buttons.

Jeff_Harms
Level 3
I updated the winhttp proxy and it did not immediately work however after clearing the cache the buttons appeared. Thank You!