cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q: Vault Store Usage by Archive report - Looking for physical storage consumed

David_standish
Level 5
We've installed Enterprise Vault Reporting and are reviewing the canned reports provided.  Under Operations Reports, I'm looking at Vault Store Usage by Archive. 

Can anyone tell me if the value displayed next to Total size of archived items (MB): is the summation of the Total Archived Size column or does it represent the physical disk space that is used (in other words, does this value factor in single instance storage by enabling the Share Archived Items checkbox in the Partition properties)? 

Our departments are paying for client licenses and then chunks of storage.  We create each department their own vault Store on a seperate disk partition so they can't overrun their allocation. 

So I need a report to let each department know how much of their actual storage they have used.  Trying to figure out if I have to go down to the storage level to find this instead.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

came across this old thread and was wondering the same thing actually. did you ever get an answer for this david?
looks to me like the usage report shows the original size and not the compressed size in EV or on disk

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner
I have checked a document on Usage,asp and it says the following. So it appears you are correct ,,it is the size before archiving ?I would like confirmation on this ?

Usage Summary

The Usage Summary shows the following details:

Vault Store: The name of the vault store. Click the name to view more detailed reports.

Save Report By: Links that you can use to save the detailed reports: Usage by Billing

Account and Usage by Vault Name.

Active Vaults: The number of vaults in the vault store that contain archived items.

Total Size: The total size, before archiving, of all items stored in the vault.

Awaiting Backup: The number of archived items in the Vault Store that have not been backed

up. This applies only if the vault store is configured to remove the safety copy from Exchange

After backup or Never.