cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about backing up read only vault partitions.

FlyingBus
Level 4
Hi Guys

I have a quick question

currently we have 3 vault partitions in 1 Vault store on 2007 SP4. the read only vault stores are only backed up monthly, however, when these are backed up there is also often the standard active store backup running. However, not always the case as the standard backups run monday to friday.

At the moment, as the 2 jobs are seperate subclients in commvault the services are not stopped when backing up the read only stores. But ARE stopped when backing up the active stores. Is there a negative consequence to backing up read only stores while the services are running? 
3 REPLIES 3

JB22
Level 5
What I know is that on the read-only stores it is still possible to delete items.
So for a consistent backup I would advice to always set ev in read-only mode for a backup.

JB

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 Not only does items get deleted but they also get added from time to time so you should back them up

And yes backing them up when they are in normal mode may cause issues so it is safer to back them up when in maintenance mode

FlyingBus
Level 4
 OK, will do so. That makes things more tricky I guess, but after upgrade to 8 I'll address this with powershell.