Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on USL to Active Server

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner

Hi All

I have been involved in   USL fail-over to a stand-alone(passive) EV box and it works well

I have a customer which is building a HA strategy and has 2 Active EV Mailbox Archiving boxes .They want to implement USL fail-over  in the event of a server crash to either box .I want to clarify a few points

When you follow the standard process of

1. Ensure server failed over to has sufficient resources to handle load of 2 EV servers
  2. Present old Storage to New Server
  3. Change DNS alias of failed server to point to host name of active server
  4. Run USL

What happens now with the following?

1. Index Locations : Would I see a combined list of all Index locations on the Index Service of the Active server as both servers Index Locations need to be reflected
  2. Vault Store of old Server : Would this just be associated with the Storage Service of the Active server
  3. Tasks I assume would just be created as per normal on the Active  server

Thx :)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Bruce my man, Answers inline

1. Index Locations : Would I see a combined list of all Index locations on the Index Service of the Active server as both servers Index Locations need to be reflected

You will need to make sure that your mount points on the server is using difrent drive letters, or you will need to update the indexrootpath within SQL 

1. Vault Store of old Server : Would this just be associated with the Storage Service of the Active server

Yes, It will show as Hosted

1. Tasks I assume would just be created as per normal on the Active  server

Correct, again crated but will also show as hosted.

See attached image as to what I mean

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Bruce my man, Answers inline

You will need to make sure that your mount points on the server is using difrent drive letters, or you will need to update the indexrootpath within SQL 

1. Vault Store of old Server : Would this just be associated with the Storage Service of the Active server

Yes, It will show as Hosted

1. Tasks I assume would just be created as per normal on the Active  server

Correct, again crated but will also show as hosted.

See attached image as to what I mean

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner

Hi Waynie :)

Thx for the quick response

That clears it all up :)