cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick EV9 PST migration question

NaturesRevenge
Level 5

I promise I'm not being lazy; I've searched the forum for existing content and believe my migration need might be slightly unique.

We have roughly ~7TB of PSTs needing to be migrated into EV. The vast majority of these PSTs reside on Windows / DFS shares. We have two main campuses where half of the PSTs exist; the second half are spread out over 100 or so remote field offices.

Would utilizing EVPM to manipulate the pst locator, collector and migration tasks be my best choice?

Thank you as always.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

EVPM will simply import a 'list' of PST files that you provide .. give or take.

It doesn't locate them for you, at all. It doesn't collect them. It just migrates them, each file can be uniquely specified, and can be anywhere that the EV server, and the Vault Service Account can access.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

can you explain what you mean by manipulate?
Because as far as i'm aware EVPM simply imports PST files but doesnt affect the behavior of the Locate/Collect/Migrate methods

Your best bet really may be to use client side migration and let the clients do the migrations for you

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

EVPM will simply import a 'list' of PST files that you provide .. give or take.

It doesn't locate them for you, at all. It doesn't collect them. It just migrates them, each file can be uniquely specified, and can be anywhere that the EV server, and the Vault Service Account can access.

NaturesRevenge
Level 5

Thank you. We have methods outside of EV and EVPM that have already given us PST location and file ownership. Sounds like a scripted migration will work well for us.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Okay - sounds good.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Is there anything else that you need with this issue?