cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recoverpoint Appliance for Evault Backups

smlopes
Level 5

Anyone using Recoverpoint Appliance to perform Evault backups? I was wondering if there's a way to clear the archive bit through the replication manager application, where we already have the pre and post scripts configured for Evault. I find it that the ignoretriggerfile txt file is not 100% reliable...

7 REPLIES 7

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

im interested in your comment about the trigger file. what has been your experience around it not being reliable? i've used it in many very large deployments where advanced backup methods were being used that did not change the archive bit and have not had any problems.

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You do also have the option of using PartitionSecured.xml instead of the trigger file if your backup software supports that.

smlopes
Level 5

Scanning of partition doesnt always pickup that the trigger file has been modified. We archive after backup (safety copy). I verified that backup occurred and that trigger file was modified of timestamp when backup ran.

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Do you restart your EV storage service on a regular basis? And also make sure that the MSMQ are clean (most of the time they are not). Although the restart of EV services is not required from EV8 onwards for backup, but it is recommended that you do. I have this 'issue' in my environment also but keeping the MSMQ well maintained and restarting the EV services on a regular basis will help especially on a large EV environment.

smlopes
Level 5

controller service daily, all EV services once a week. Yes MSMQ queue are not large.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

just to add to this, the triggerfile goes by the create date, NOT the modified date, so you can rename that sucker all you want and it be modified that day, but if the create date was from last week, it will only consider DVS* files with create dates of last week or older as being "secured"

You should use an echo command to create a new IgnoreArchiveBitTrigger.txt file each and every time

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

smlopes
Level 5

creation date on trigger file is same as when the backup ran that night.