cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recreate folder/archive point

JuanAntonio
Level 5

Hi all,

I'm archiving data from several NetApps. One of them stores our users home directories. At the NetApp level I have a folder called "Users". Under that folder I have about 300 subfolders (one for every user). 

At the EV level there is a File Server target for that NetApp. There is a Volume configured with several Folders. One of these Folders is "Users". There is an Archive Point for that folder, but not for the subfolders (the home directories). 

I would like to have an Archive Point per every home directory. What can I do? All of this is being archiving and I don't want to loose any archived data.

Can I delete the "Users" Folder and its Archive Point and then recreate that Folder again with the Auto-anable option? Now, I have an archive called "Users" under "File Systems archives". What will happen when I start to archive again with the new configuration?

Is it better to previously restore all the items for this Folder, delete the folder and the archive, and start again with the new configuration?

Thanks in advanced.

Juan Antonio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi JuanAntonio

You asked : "Can I delete the "Users" Folder and its Archive Point and then recreate that Folder again with the Auto-anable option? Now, I have an archive called "Users" under "File Systems archives". What will happen when I start to archive again with the new configuration?"

- No this not possible. as you will loose you archive data if you do this.

The only way is to Restore all archived data using FSA utility, then delete the old configuration in the VAC and configure it again with creating archivpoint for subfolders as well.

You can refer the following article fon how to run FSAUtility.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO57557

I hope this helps !!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi JuanAntonio

You asked : "Can I delete the "Users" Folder and its Archive Point and then recreate that Folder again with the Auto-anable option? Now, I have an archive called "Users" under "File Systems archives". What will happen when I start to archive again with the new configuration?"

- No this not possible. as you will loose you archive data if you do this.

The only way is to Restore all archived data using FSA utility, then delete the old configuration in the VAC and configure it again with creating archivpoint for subfolders as well.

You can refer the following article fon how to run FSAUtility.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO57557

I hope this helps !!!

JuanAntonio
Level 5

Thanks A_J. I'll do that.

Regards.