cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registry checkpoint roadblock when upgrading frm EV 8.0.5 to 9.0.4

Sym-City
Level 3

Hello,

I am in the process of trying to upgrade my windows clustered environment from 8.0.5 to 9.0.4 and following the provided instructions it asks me to:

Run from command prompt: cluster resource EVClusteredResource-EnterpriseVaultAdminService /removecheck:"Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault"

Verify by running the following command: cluster resource EVClusteredResource-EnterpriseVaultAdminService /check

Then create a new checkpoint by entering the following:

Add a new checkpoint: cluster resource EVClusteredResource-EnterpriseVaultServerInstance /addcheck:"Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault"

I did a check before running the first command and noticed that the first active server didn't have the checkpoint set but the second did.

So I ran a remove on both anyway and received "System error 2 has occurred (0x00000002). The system cannot find the file specified." on the first system (as expected)

The issue is that when I tried to create the new checkpoints after removing the existing checkpoint (and verifying by the check command) I am now unable to create a new checkpoint on either system.

I get:

System error 183 has occurred (0x000000b7). Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

How important are these checkpoints? Is there any manual way I can set these checkpoints?

Any assistance/advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sym-City
Level 3

Found the issue Monday Afternoon,

Thanks for your help. In the end I re-created the checkpoint for the last key (I'd missed that it was a different key than they'd mentioned in their previous steps) and I did have to cycle the cluster service afterall

Thanks again

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

have you tried stopping and restarting the Microsoft Cluster Service on all cluster nodes?

Sym-City
Level 3

Unfortunately going into computer management on each node in the cluster and taking the cluster service down and bringing it back up had no effect

Sym-City
Level 3

Found the issue Monday Afternoon,

Thanks for your help. In the end I re-created the checkpoint for the last key (I'd missed that it was a different key than they'd mentioned in their previous steps) and I did have to cycle the cluster service afterall

Thanks again

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

glad you got it squared away. please mark the post that helped you solve this as the solution.