Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing an EVSite

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner
EV 8.0 SP4

We currently have two EV Sites and we would like to remove the first EV Site that we set up.  There are no longer any Vault servers, stores,  indexes or archives associated with that first EV Site that was created.  The second EV Site we have is operational and we would like it to be the only Vault Site in our environment.  Both EV sites had their own SQL Server and Enterprise Vault Database.

What steps must I take to remove the first EV Site from the Vault Admin Console.

I have not been able to find any documentation on this procedure. 

Judy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi Judy,

If you mean 'seperate directory database', you should be able to simply uninstall the EV from the old servers.
Do the first installed EV server (ie the directory server) as last. This should also remove the directory db according to documentation.

When old site is uninstalled, remove (ie backup and detach for safety) the old databases. When no problems, delete the databases.
Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i'm guessing you'd start by having a look at the SiteEntry table in your EnterpriseVaultDirectory database. since it could be linked in a bunch of places, i'd say you probably want to have support walk you through removing the old entries.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi Judy,

If you mean 'seperate directory database', you should be able to simply uninstall the EV from the old servers.
Do the first installed EV server (ie the directory server) as last. This should also remove the directory db according to documentation.

When old site is uninstalled, remove (ie backup and detach for safety) the old databases. When no problems, delete the databases.
Regards. Gertjan

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner

Thanks for the input guys.

I am going to try this in a lab environment before I do it in production.

Judy

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

so i the servers still exist with EV installed on them? i guess i misunderstood when you wrote "There are no longer any Vault servers"