cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing "old" mailboxes from AE

bobby_hilliard
Level 5
In the past, I've had to grant myself rights to open other archives...using archive explorer. I've since removed those rights, but these mailboxes and folders are still being listed in the left pane of AE. I can't get to them anymore...but they're still listed. I have tried creating a new Outlook profile, but they still persist.

Any way to "clean them up"?

Thanks. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
1) Sync
2) IISRESET
3) Ctrl+F5

If that don't work, then there is something else you are missing, perhaps inherited permissions.

--wayne

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Joseph_Rodgers
Level 6
Partner
Give this a try: In the left pane right-click and select 'refresh' -Joe

bobby_hilliard
Level 5
Tried that.  Also looked in the EV folder for some sort of .ini file and scoured the registry for one of the names...nothing showed up.

It's obviously not a big deal, since once the rights are taken away, there's no access...

Thanks.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hello,

Did you sync the specific mailbox whose archive you see, and ticked the "Folder hierarchy and permissions" box?

Open properties of the specific mailbox archiving task, tab Synchronization, Selected mailboxes, tick mentioned box, click Synchronize.
Select the mailbox, sync.
Then in your Outlook, in the pane where you see the archive, rightclick, renew

Did work for me.

Regards,

Gertjan
Regards. Gertjan

bobby_hilliard
Level 5
 didn't help. thanks.

Biohazzard
Level 4
I ususally find this type of thing to be a refresh issue. If right clicking and refreshing doesnt work then open IE and delete temporary internet files.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
1) Sync
2) IISRESET
3) Ctrl+F5

If that don't work, then there is something else you are missing, perhaps inherited permissions.

--wayne