Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Enterprise vault data

Kamala_Kannan_M
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

We have Enterprise vault, Since there was issue with the space, we have removed some old archive emails folders, before removing we have backed up.

Now i need to add the folders back. kindly advice whether this is acheivable and How.

Regards

Kamal

5 REPLIES 5

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Did you delete the Archives ? Is the FSA archive folder you are talking about ?

Kamala_Kannan_M
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Rahul

I am new to EV. As per my understanding, 

Under Vault Store Group , when i right click and Vault store partition properties

This is the parth       \\tri02finance\Email_Archives\Archived Mails

under this path i see only 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013.

So the old data which removed is also available in the backup. it has lot of years as attached in the screenshot. 

Kindly advice how i can merge that data with this vault store path

Regards

Kamal

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You can simply stop the enterprise vault storage service and restore the all the missing folder .

Kamala_Kannan_M
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks.

is this so simple?

I was wondering, because of that it should not disturb the current function.

regards

Kamal

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

As you mentioned that you have just removed the folder from the parition , I assume you haven't made any changes to the databases and Index location.

When backing up EV you need to bakcup 

1. Ev databases

2. EV parition location 

3. Ev indexs.

So when you perform a backup you pu the EV in database so all the infromation gets backed up properly . The information stored in the database should match up with the data you have in your partitions . So if you have just removed the folder from the parition you can restore it back as the infromation about the data which you are restoring would be there in the respective databases.