cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention Category Question

jasonwelch01
Level 5
Hello,

We're running EV8 sp4 for Exchange.  One of our Provisioning Groups has a retention period of 2 years for employee mailbox archives.  A user, within this Provision Group, was wondering why he can no longer see items from 2007 and I explained about the 2 year Retention Period associated to his mailbox archive.  however, when i search his entire archive, there are random items still in there from 2005-2007. 

Does anyone know why these items would still be in his archive if the retention is set to 2 years?

Thanks 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Glad to help Jason, if it was one of my post could you mark as solution to close the thread?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling

Is Expiry based on Archive Date or Modified Date?

What is the Modified date for those items?  When were they archived?

Is it possible there are items on Legal Hold?

jasonwelch01
Level 5
Hi Tony,
Thanks for the quick reply

Expiry is based on 'Archived Date'

When looking at these items, via Archive Explorer, how can tell Modified Date or when they were archived?  All is see is message's time stamp.

The Legal is possible

TonySterling

I am not sure off the top of my head if you can add the modified date column but I think an easy task would be to use the advance web search and sort by Archived Date.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/302522.htm

jasonwelch01
Level 5
Hi Tony,
My questions have been answered...thanks for your help.

TonySterling

Glad to help Jason, if it was one of my post could you mark as solution to close the thread?