cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User copy of archive

derleaf
Not applicable

I am about to leave an institution that uses enterprise vault to automatically archive items after a certain date. I would like to take a complete copy of my mailbox with me as it has information I would like to use in the future stored in it. Is there a way to create a local copy of the entire mailbox without needing any symantec software to view it (i.e. a pst copy), preferably from my end, but if not what would I need to request from the admins?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Most likely you would need to request a copy of your Archive.  You would want them to Export your Archive to a PST.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

Most likely you would need to request a copy of your Archive.  You would want them to Export your Archive to a PST.

GertjanA
If allowed by your companies policy, you can ask for 2 things at the admins

1 - export archive to pst or
2 - export archive back to mailbox

1 - you need the pst + make a pst from your current unarchived mails still in the inbox. or
2 - you need to make a pst of the mailbox

for making pst of mailbox, if you are allowed, otherwise you need help from admin.

Option 3 (only if your number of archived items is not too big)
Open Search Safe (should be in Outlook an icon top right somewhere) search items, restore your self. Only possibleif allowed by admins
Or use Archive Explorer to do so
Regards. Gertjan

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner
Additionally, if you are using Virtual Vault, you can export your vault to a pst (or series of PSTs).