cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Mailbox to Original State

sixarm
Level 3
Hi,

I'm sure there must be an article on this somewhere, but I've not been able to find one, so I apologise in advance.

We've had EV installed for a while and it's happily been archiving our I.T. mailboxes. We're in the process of rolling it out across the rest of our organisation but there's one thing I'd like to know before hand.

How do you return an archived mailbox to it's original state? There are a few users that we definitely don't want to archive, and say one of them was accidently added to the AD group, how would we go about returning their mailbox to an unarchived state, as though EV had never touched it?

Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee
The data that was archived can be restored to the mailbox using the Export wizard which is on the right-click menu of the Archives container. For the mailbox itself, you can either disable the mailbox from Archiving in which case the user will still see the Search Archive button in the mailbox and still be able to access the Archive (which would save you having to export the data), or alternatively you can use EVPM (Enterprise Vault Policy Manager) to "zap" the mailbox which will clear out the hidden message in the mailbox and return it to a "new" state in terms of how EV sees it. The zap command and EVPM are documented in the Admin guide, but there are also scripts in some of the threads here from when this has been asked in the past if you get stuck