cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running PST Migrations on EV 6SP4 Virtual Machine

MaryG
Level 2
We currently have an EV server on a virtual machine with 4 vCPU's and 4 gigs of RAM assigned to it.  SQL is hosted on another dedicated device.  It is currently journaling from 4 Exchange Servers.  Currently CPU utilization averages about 15%.  I'd like to beef up this configuration before embarking on the PST migrations (client and server).  Will EV use the extra CPUs and RAM?  Is there a recommended configuration?

We want to get as much throughput as possible, since we will be migrating about 2-3 terabytes of data.  No shortcuts will be created.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Alan_M
Level 6
EV uses SQL quite lightly as it relates to CPU utilization as you can see. I don't know that you'll get much more by adding CPUs even with PST migrations in the mix. You will get something from additional RAM as usage will be optimized by SQL server. I have seen 16GB allocated to SQL and 12GB used.

Shane_Seagreen
Level 4
Im in the process of importing a similar amount of data, however I have just been using the vault server to do the migrations during the day. What i found is that it does seem quite processor intensive, i can have up to 10 simultaneous pst migrations going on at once, but if start to add more, the processors start to bottleneck. I know this is not the same as your virtual machines, but maybe it will give some extra insight.