cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sanity Check

EV_Novice
Level 5
Dear experts, gurus, folk with enormous intellects,

We have Enterprise Vault 2007 (V7.5) SP3, running under MS WIndows Server 2003 R2, Enterprise Edition SP2.

We were recently obliged to upgrade our AD Schema and our Exchange Environment from Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP1 to MS Exchange 2007 SP2 Rollup2, following some rather nasty mail routing issues.

I've had a trawl through the EV compatability charts, but am not convinced that I have nothing toworry about....

We're not currently in a position to upgrade our EV to R8.x or beyond, so I would appreciate some guidance as to whether there are any hotfixes I should take note of, bearing in mind the aforementioned changes we had to apply to AD and to Exchange.
So far, I haven't found any new problems as a result of the upgrades, but don't want to find myself building a false sense of security...
Many thanks to you all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

The problem is for all versions of the extensions.. it exists in (for example) the 2007 SP 6 extensions.  However, our Support folks, REGULARLY and consistently have people on mismatched versions of extensions versus EV server.

The issue isn't that "big", many people don't right click in OWA at all.. and if they don't they won't get the problem.

If they do, then you need the newer extensions.. either the hotfix ones, or better still go straight to the 8 SP 4 version.  This will work with your 2007 SP 3 server (though it's not technically a certified combination)
Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

You should be fine, just make sure if you have OWA configured that it still works as OWA integration with EV is different between 2003/2007

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

There is one OWA issue you will encounter.  When you right click on an item, you'll get a script error.  This is because Microsoft changed the way things work slightly with OWA 2007 in SP 2 Rollup 2.

We have a fix for that.

It is available either as a Post EV 8 SP 3 hotfix :  http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/345830.htm

Or it's included in EV 8 SP 4.

You do not need to upgrade your EV environment, you can, as many others have done, JUST upgrade the OWA extensions, which are installed on your CAS's.

EV_Novice
Level 5
Gentlemen,

thankyou for the reassurance and the tip regarding OWA  extensions. I'll make a note of that and include it in our next scheduled patching exercise.

Best regards to you both.

EV_Novice
Level 5
Gentlemen,

thankyou for the reassurance and the tip regarding OWA  extensions. I'll make a note of that and include it in our next scheduled patching exercise.

Best regards to you both.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You're welcome.

EV_Novice
Level 5

Just a small observation: the hotfix indicated, is for EV 8.x, We're running EV 2007 7.5 SP3, so perhaps this fix doesn't apply after all?

Advice and attention appreciated all the same.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

The problem is for all versions of the extensions.. it exists in (for example) the 2007 SP 6 extensions.  However, our Support folks, REGULARLY and consistently have people on mismatched versions of extensions versus EV server.

The issue isn't that "big", many people don't right click in OWA at all.. and if they don't they won't get the problem.

If they do, then you need the newer extensions.. either the hotfix ones, or better still go straight to the 8 SP 4 version.  This will work with your 2007 SP 3 server (though it's not technically a certified combination)