Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SaveSet missing from Vault Store

JesperBerth
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi 

When I do a EVSVR Verify Complet i end up with these 6 files missing from the partition (see attached file)

SavesetId: 201011230508171~201011231023530000~Z~616647B1892AA68900F2D21D894929A1, Archived Date: 2010-11-23 10:29:00Z
ArchiveEntryId: 1743154F359E949469C2456831CADB3F11110000vault
Path not found [0x80070003]
Event Output: Failed to access file 'F:\EVStorage\Express Vault Store\Express Vault Store Ptn1\2010\10-1\8\006\8006A0D94BFF0E56EE9468DFFA5B7A41~7E~D3989457~00~1.DVSS

We cannot restore these files from backup so I an trying to do a repair

I have used the following parameters

Repair - DatabaseReferences

and 

Repair - DeleteSurplusReferences

But when i do a new Verify - Complete the 6 missing files are back

I am running with a Date range with plus one week before and after.

27 REPLIES 27

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Jesper,

These files seems to be share parts (DVSS extension) and you might need to run a different option in EVSVR. I **strongly** recommend you to open a case with support. For EVSVR repair operations, it's better to have a technician with you to perform this kind of operations on your Enterprise Vault servers.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

Could you share the log at the time you ran the "DeleteSurplusReferences" of EVSVR.

JesperBerth
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Ajay

Sure here it is

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi ,

DeleteSurplusReferences : 

When you start a DeleteSurplusReferences operation, it first performs an internal DatabaseLinkages Verify operation. The DeleteSurplusReferences operation only starts to process when the DatabaseLinkages Verify operation reports that the environment is consistent and error-free.

In Log we found :

Verify Database Linkages Operation had errors.

Before you perform a DeleteSurplusReferences operation, we recommend that you use the DatabaseReferences Repair operation to recreate any missing database references and ensure that the environment is consistent.

JesperBerth
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi 

I will run a Repair DatabaseReferences

I'll let you know how it went

Capture_0.PNG

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Jesper,

Once you done with option DatabaseReferences send us the Log file.

JesperBerth
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Here it is

Should i do a 

Repair DatabaseLinkages as sugested under ACTION REQUIRED?

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

Before carryout step take bakup copy of the Vault Store Database, Fingerprint Database , Enterprise Vault Directory Database. ( All EV related Databases).

Please go for the action provided in log to Repair Database Linkages. 

JesperBerth
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi 

Repair Database Linkages done..

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

I checked the Log and found : 

RefCounts repaired:      5
RefCounts failed repair: 0

Could you run the EVSVR in Verify mode and check whether you are getting Error which you got at first time when you run EVSVR in Verify Mode for savesets.

Also attach the report.

JesperBerth
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Ajay

Did a new Verify Complete

The same 6 missing files are showing up again

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

I think now you need to go for option Repair - DeleteSurplusReferences to remove the entry.

STEP 1.

=====

Open command prompt, explore C:\program files \ enterprise vault \ evsvr.exe

EVSVR>Edit

A new windows will open,

Uncheck = process all vault store groups.

Uncheck = process all vault store stores.

Uncheck = process all partition

In ‘partition’ select  the effected vault store partition.

In section “operation to perform” select “Operation = verify ” “Option= “complete

OK. Save xml (ex c:\VerifyDVS.xml)

Close the command prompt.

Open command prompt, Explorer.

C:\program files\enterprise vault>evsvr –r “c:\VerifyDVS.xml” 

After completing this process, It will generate report inside (c:\program files\enterprise vault\Reports\EVSVR)

STEP2

=====

All the option would be same except below.

In section “operation to perform” select “Operation = repair ” “Option= “RecreateMissingDBReferences

OK. Save xml (ex c:\RepariMissingReferences.xml)

C:\program files\enterprise vault>evsvr –r “RepariMissingReferences.xml” 

It would take time once complete, take complete back of SQL database.

Report would generate inside (c:\program files\enterprise vault\Reports\EVSVR)

STEP3

=====

All the option would be same except below.

In section “operation to perform” select “Operation = repair ” “Option= “DeleteSurplusReferences

OK. Save xml (ex c:\ DeleteSurplusReferences.xml)

C:\program files\enterprise vault>evsvr –r “DeleteSurplusReferences.XML” 

It would also take time once complete, take complete back of SQL database.

Report would generate inside (c:\program files\enterprise vault\Reports\EVSVR)

MORE INFORMATION

=================

RecreateMissingDBReferences

Recreates any missing references in the fingerprint databases and vault store databases. This option combines the functions of the RecreateMissingFPDBReferences the RecreateMissingVSDBReferences and the DatabaseLinkages options.

Stage 1:

Recreates any missing SIS part references in the fingerprint databases.

Stage 2:

Recreates any missing saveset references in the vault store databases.

Only recreate those saveset references for which an index entry exists.

Stage 3:

* Verifies and corrects the reference counts of savesets and SIS parts in the collection records in the vault store databases.

* Recreates any missing information on the SIS parts used by savesets in the vault store databases.

* Verifies the number of references to SIS parts in the fingerprint databases against the number of references in all vault store databases in the vault store group, and corrects any that are wrong.

* Reports on the number of unreferenced, unshared, and shared SIS parts, after the repair operation has completed.

DeleteSurplusReferences (Repair option selected)

It Deletes saveset and SIS part entries from the vault store and fingerprint databases when the associated saveset files and SIS parts are missing. You may find this useful in exceptional cases, when the missing saveset files and SIS parts are irretrievably lost and you want to optimize your Enterprise Vault system by deleting the associated database entries.

Before you select this option, we recommend that you use RecreateMissingDBReferences to recreate any missing database references.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Jesper,

I hope you have a good backup from the Directory and Vault Store database since you have been deleting data from SQL. Please, again, I recommend you to open a case with support to assist you further.

JesperBerth
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi GabeV

The issue is that we dont have a good backup, thats why we need to remove these 6 items from the databases.

We are in the end of a Move process initiated by the customer in januar for 1500 users, now we are missing this single Archive. The Journal archive. The Move process stops and fails when it reaches these missing files. 

The customer is not able to find a backup where the files are on, and has acceptet that we try to remove the references. So we can end the move process.

I will create a support case, do you recon that its solvable?

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Jesper,

We could remove those six entries from the system and after that we might need to re-sync the VS DB with the fingerprint DB. I am assuming that (1) the source data is still available, (2) these EVSVR ops are occurring in the source EV server and once the references are removed, (3) you would restart the move archive process .. if that's the case, then yes it would be solvable. Opening a case would give us a better picture of this environment and we could assist you further.

I hope this helps.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Jesper,

Do you have any updates on this thread? Do you need more assistance regarding this topic? If not, please mark the post that best solves your problem as the answer to this thread.

JesperBerth
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi GabeV

Sorry for the late answer, i am creating a support case to night, i'll post here again whit the result.

Success for us will be that we either remove the six references in the database or somehow can create 6 dummy files and place them on the disk.

(1) I dont think that the data is available any more as this is a journaling archive??

Thanks

Jesper 

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

HI Jesper,

If you are using Move Archive, I would suggest that we can skip those missing files by making an entry in the EVMoveArchiveTask.exe.config file.. and this will lead us to continue the Move Archive even if the files are missing..

Please let me know if this is what you are doing...

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Jesper,

Have you carried out the steps provided by me in above thread ?

Are you getting any error that time ?