Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Vaults Page loads very long on first daily usage

HolgerM
Level 4
Partner
Hi Folks,

one of our Customers is complaining that the First EV User that opens the Search Vaults Page in Outlook has to wait  >1 Minute until the Page is loaded. I assume it has to do with IIS, that the page has to be loaded to the EV Server's memory and then it is in the Cache and can be accessed much faster.

Are there any IIS Tuning hints available? I was already Searching the Forum for "IIS Tuning" but couldn't find any articles that address my Problem.

Thanks for any hints and links to Pages where I can find a Solution

Cheers

Holger
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Holger

Try disabling the recycling/timeout settings on the IIS Application Pool for EV.

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

What makes you think it is IIS?  It could be slow SQL which onces the results are cached improves things.  I would look to use sql profiler and look for delays around getobjectsbysid

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Holger

Try disabling the recycling/timeout settings on the IIS Application Pool for EV.

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

HolgerM
Level 4
Partner

Thanks,

Michel I think I was looking for the Solution you provided, I will get in contact with the Customer and let you know.
I will also check on SQL. Thanks for that hint as well!

Cheers 

Holger

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
It's an area that we are already looking in to, but if it's a real problem (you're the second person to mention it externally) then the best route is to go via Support.  The problem "area" I think is around the change that is already documented in the release notes for EV 8..  the signing of our binaries causes Windows to try to reach out to authenticate that signing.  It's mean effect seen so far is VAC usage, but it is likely to impact things like first-time-search, and first-time-Archive Explorer usage.

Hope that helps,
Working for cloudficient.com

HolgerM
Level 4
Partner
Hi Rob,

I noticed that in the VAC as well, sometimes it takes ages, I read that .NET something had to be installed and the Computer should have a connection to the Internet. Thanks for that hint as well.

I Reached the customer and it was the IIS Application Pool timeout and Recycle, now it takes 5 sec for the first time Usage. Michel, that solution point is yours ;)

Thanks for all your Support