Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting a Retention Category for Folders manually

Richard_Knobloc
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi there,

Challege is as follows:

The users in a EV 10.0 environment should be able to select manually Retention Categories for shorter Retention as the Default of the Mailbox. This can be done, if a couple of Retention Categories are predefined and the "overall lock" is deselected the the Mailbox Policy properties. The Archiving Strategy is locked, because the users should not be able to change the Archiving Strategy. Archiving Actions are all locked as well. Just the Lock of the Retention Categories are not locked.

The problem in this szenario is, that the users CAN select "do not archive this folder" even in the maibox root. But this behaviour is not wanted, because, as explained, the users should not be able to change the Archiving Strategy.

Of course, I can hide the EV properties within Outlook, but the disadvantage is, that the users no longer can select the Retention Category for the folder.

To use EVPM to simulate "Retention Folders" is not an option.

I did not found a hint in Sym Support except of TECH66002 which does not solve my problem and no Registry Key...

Any ideas, how to solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

There really isn't much you can do other than submit an enhancement request/idea to the Ideas Section of the Connect forums, or talk to your sales contacts at symantec to see what they can do.

You could possibly try caling support and submitting it as a bug, but they will probably tell you its working by design and not a bug and to follow the enhancement procedures

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

There really isn't much you can do other than submit an enhancement request/idea to the Ideas Section of the Connect forums, or talk to your sales contacts at symantec to see what they can do.

You could possibly try caling support and submitting it as a bug, but they will probably tell you its working by design and not a bug and to follow the enhancement procedures

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146