cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seperate Vault Store for PST migrations

JA_SHAW
Level 2
Is there any method to create a seperate vault store to hold PST migrated content that is separate from a vault store used to house User Mail Box content?

Is this something that could be handled through the EVPM scripting process?

Your thoughts on this are greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Interestin' question. I don't believe so. I do believe you need to run the tasks for PST migration on the same vault as your mail archives (aka the storage process), as the process selects the mailbox archives (and thus their vault) as the "receipient" of the migration. A quick skim of the admin guide didn't shed any light either, but I think I'm right.
Anybody wanna back that up?

micah

Suresh_Vangara
Level 4
Thats true, logically its not possible, whatever be the source...mailbox or PST, archived items go to the same "archive" which is always located on a single store.

SK

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
You could do this with EVPM - check out the Utilities PDF.

Under the section you would have to specify the ArchiveName to import it to.

If you use the PST import wizard - you can also specify to which archive to import to.

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Yeah,

but if you do that, all you're really doing is adding a new (or adding new items) to an existing vault (via the archive itself). Its kind of a simplistic way to look at it, but I always teach people to think of archives as the "index" of the source (be it files, mailboxes, etc), and the vault stores as the db and storage on the backend. Pushing to a new archive doesn't change the backend store or db's (which I think is my meandering point).

Truth be told tho, I usually always recommend that the pst's fall in tot he general ingestion email vault (if you've set that up correctly) so that SIS has a chance to work on some of those items. Course, SIS being SIS,...you're rolling dice depending on how your environment is setup and what the content actually is.

micah