Did you mean: 

Server Driven Migration failed badly

Yobo
Level 5
Partner
Hi,

I have a user , named, Mr P.

Problem 1 (Mr P)
He has 3 PST file. One was sucessfully migrated. The other two  PST failed and the error is "   PST Migration of \\PCX\32\C$\Document and setting\,......\outlook\p1.pst Insufficient mailbox quota availabe. Please check event log"

The other two  PST failed and the error is "   PST Migration of \\PCX\32\C$\Document and setting\,......\outlook\p2.pst Insufficient mailbox quota availabe. Please check event log"

Problem 2 (Mr S)
I have another user who have 5 PST. 3 was sucessfully migrated. One failed and one not running at all even though it was configure to "Ready to Copy"

Migrated Failed -  PST Migration of \\PCX\31\C$\Document and setting\,......\outlook\S.pst Mailbox quota has been adjusted but has not taken place yet.  The PST will be automatically proceed again  to move the remaining shocut.  

Also, one PST did not run at all. This PST is 15 GB. What could be the reason.

In the PSTLocal folder, p1.pst , p2.pst and s.pst reside in this folder.  Guess this has been copy by the collector task but failed to migrated.
5 REPLIES 5

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Well, the error messages seem to be very self-descriptive.

Insufficient mailbox quota availabe. Please check event log

What is the Quota for the user?
Is it enough to migrate all 3 PST to the mailbox? (Remember, you are probably creating shortcuts in the mailbox which need space)

Mailbox quota has been adjusted but has not taken place yet.  The PST will be automatically proceed again  to move the remaining shocut. 
Very self-descriptive, too...  Have you checked the Quota?

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
I agree with Michel..  The issue here is when importing you're adding stuff to the mailbox..  Too much stuff, and you are going over quota.  The PST Migrator can adjust quotas, but quotas can take up to 2 hours to take effect, unless you've modified the following :

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];327378
Working for cloudficient.com

Yobo
Level 5
Partner
Hi,

I try to adjust the quota and the issue still persist.. I'm using exchange 2007.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Well then you did not adjust it enough. I would and so would so many other suggest you disable quotas during the PST ingestion.

ob40
Level 3

After adjusting the quota you need to sync the mailbox again for EV to pick up the new settings. Your other failures could be related to how the PST was created. Older PSTs have the 2 GB limit and if you are close to that EV doesn't have enough space in the working copy and will fail. I experienced a high failure rate for PSTs 1.9 GB to 2.1 GB even if the customer could still open the PST. On the larger PSTs I found that I had a high failure rate caused by messages that were corrupt. Our PST data had been moved many times and yours may not have any corruption.

The only pst failure that didn't leave some cleanup in the vault were the mailbox quota failures. When you correct the quota and sync the mailbox it will pick up where it left off. The PSTs that have corrupt items will continue to fail and may leave a mess in the vault that you will have to fix. I learned after three differnet migrations to just manually archive PSTs that failed.

The other failure you may see that is benign is the "Password Protected" failure. Since EV can't read the PST it doesn't create anything in the vault. Once the password is removed you can safely attempt to migrate the PST.

I also experienced a problem with the failed PST copies filling up the PST Holding Folder. I had to remove failed copies to clear space. You should not have any of the PST tasks running when you do that and ensure that all PSTs Marked for migration are done or have failed. This will keep you from deleting a PST being processed.

Good luck. It works but it can't process something that outlook can't read.