cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync shortcuts after vault move

colin_gladwin
Level 2

Hi,

I need to migrate an archive from one EV Organisation to another and trying to decide the best method to handle shortcuts.

Is there a method of syncing current shortcuts with the new archive or is our only option to delete existing and recreate as part of the import.

Excepting the recreation will have no knowledge of moves or deletes of shortcuts post their original archive.

Seem to remember Zantas EAS had the ability to sync shortcuts with archived items as part of its normal daily operations, wonder if EV will ever have this? 

EV Version is 6 SP3

Any help greatly appreciated.

Message Edited by colin gladwin on 04-30-200709:00 AM

4 REPLIES 4

andra_christie
Level 6
Employee Accredited
If you are running ev 6 sp4 on the source and destination site you can use the export/import option and it will update the shortcuts in the mailbox.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Yes, Andra is correct and in fact it's not something new to sp4 but has been in the product since day 1.  You just need to make sure you're migrating between the say EV releases.
Effectively EV will 'correct' the shortcuts in the users mailbox when the exported pst is reimported into the new archvive on the new system.  You just need to make sure that the .cfg file that the pst export creates is in the same location as the pst when it's imported as that contain the information ev needs to correct up the shortcuts.

andra_christie
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Yeah sorry I should have clarified that the functionality has always been there, what I was trying to say is that there was a specific fix put in v6sp4 to resolve some issues. This is detailed in the technote below which will be available externally tomorrow :)

colin_gladwin
Level 2
Thanks for the information, but just to confirm the import/export is to a new EV service, not a different site within the same service.

Would we still expect the same funcationality.

Additionally if we choose not to recreate any shortcuts as part of the import will it still update existing shortcuts?

Thanks