Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut Retrieval doesn't show BCC but restore does

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner

Hi All
One of my customers is on EV8.0 sp3 and I've noticed an anomaly
If I open a Shortcut email the  BCC field  isn't there ...but a restore of the same item reveals it ?

Any idea's why this behavior is occurring ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner
Hi Rob
That was my next question
I have confirmed that the User does  have BCC enabled so that negates my theory
I was going to ask  you in your lab or live environment can you see if BCC is shown when you retrieve an email ? Not restore
You have so I'm going to write this off as an unknown and some kind of environmental issue  and since the user is not worried as a Restore shows the BCC field then  I'm not going to spend more time on this

Thanks for the help :)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
So where are you looking?

Remember Outlook only shows BCC information in the sent items..  for example if I send an email to myself, and BCC you, when I open that item in the inbox, it doesn't show you as a BCC.  That's the same with an archived item from the inbox.  On the other hand if I open the message from above, in the sent items folder, it will show that I sent it to myself, and BCC'ed you.  After archiving the item, when I double click on the shortcut, it also shows the same information.

In other words..  where are you looking? :)
Working for cloudficient.com

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner
HI Rob
I wish it was as simple as that   :)

The user has  archived items in the Sent Items folder that I am opening and seeing this issue
Some more information this is a bank that is sending Share Update information
The User doesn't' use the TO or CC fields at all and only the BCC so other people on the list are kept in confidence
Would your explanation apply if this user was adding themselves to the BCC field ...if so why would a Restore show the BCC field and not a Shortcut Retrieval ?

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner
HI Rob
I wish it was as simple as that   :)

The user has  archived items in the Sent Items folder that I am opening and seeing this issue
Some more information this is a bank that is sending Share Update information
The User doesn't' use the TO or CC fields at all and only the BCC so other people on the list are kept in confidence
Would your explanation apply if this user was adding themselves to the BCC field ...if so why would a Restore show the BCC field and not a Shortcut Retrieval ?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Restore is an entirely different ballgame - we're putting the item back to it's original state, so you're then not getting any input from our forms, or our add-in, it's straight Outlook.

I think you need to list the exact repro steps ...  I'm not sure whether part of the issue is that you are opening the archived item (rather than the end-user themselves)

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner
Hi Rob

Something just occurred to me

If the user hasn't enabled BCC by default then I don't think this field  would be in a Retrieved Email
Let me confirm this and I'll get back to you

This issue may be as incredibly simple as that :)

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
For a regular mail, mine shows the BCC on a sent item whether or not I've got the BCC field shown on a new mail.

And the same happens with an archived item.

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner
Hi Rob
That was my next question
I have confirmed that the User does  have BCC enabled so that negates my theory
I was going to ask  you in your lab or live environment can you see if BCC is shown when you retrieve an email ? Not restore
You have so I'm going to write this off as an unknown and some kind of environmental issue  and since the user is not worried as a Restore shows the BCC field then  I'm not going to spend more time on this

Thanks for the help :)

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
You're welcome...  and yes I can see BCC information when I retrieve mail.