Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut that have not been updated during move archive

gnkev
Level 3

Hi all,

i am performing a move archive from one site to another, for a customer,

please, I have 2 questions about move archive that complete with errors.

it's about the log file movearchive_username_date_errors:

- this .txt file logs the shortcut id's that have not been updated (because not found) during the move archive process.

one of my activities is to justify why these shortcut have not been updated (usually they have been cancelled by the user or lost due to a failure encountered 2 years ago).

The problem is that when in a situation, the number of missing shortcut is greater than 100, i cannot verify all of them, because this log file shows a maximum number of 100 shortcuts (for example:  sometime i have move archive log telling me that 250 shortcut have not been updated, but the error log file show me only 100). I cannot check all the shortcut to justify what happened to the shortcut.

Is there a way to modify the maximum number of log in this file?

- Another question about it:

I have auditviewer enabled for deleted items (i use it to justify that shortcut have been deleted).

the problem is that when i have a user name with an apostroph (example x'xxxxxxx or xxxxxx'x), and i try to search the deleted items for this user archive, i receive a syntax error.

i  tried different ways to write the name but without success.

if somebody have an idea? 

Thanx

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Not sure about the first question, but use double apostrophes for the second question
so O'Reilly becomes O''Reilly

its just like any other SQL Statement

SELECT * FROM Archive WHERE ArchiveName = 'O''Reilly'

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

gnkev
Level 3

Hi JesusWept2,

Thank you for your answer to the second question.

About the first question, i searched accross the web, but i did not found zero situation similar to this one.

i have more than 50 user'archive in this situation, and for all, the shortcut id's list shows only 100 in the error_log file of the move archive.

i thought that i had to change somethink in the EVmovearchvietask.exe.config.

Thx,