cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split a Vault

colmtourque
Level 4
Running Vault 2007 SP2 on 2003 against a 2003 FS and Exchange.
I am considering splitting up my vaults in the original design I couple the exchange and file server and placed the journal vault in it's own location. The thinking was that the file and exchange would be rather manageable and the journal would be trouble. Well much to my chagrin the journal is not growing as fast as the other and I am considering splitting the other vault up so I can a manage it easier what I am considering doing is splitting it up into to Vault Stores, File and Email and then removing anything over 10 years to a vault that can be moved to CD or DVD and stored.  We do not have access to the PST Migrator do here is what I am considering: Leaving the original vault as moving things from the exchange vault without the PST Migrator appears to be difficult.  Creating a second vault and using the FSAUtility to simply empty all files back to the File Server and then simply revaulting the File Server to the new vault.  Is there faster way or simpler way.
2 REPLIES 2

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
The simplest way would be export and import.
Why don't you have access to it? It's included in EV... ?!

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

colmtourque
Level 4
when vault was purchased it was apparently an option and my company chose not to get it (we only had a couple of pst's).  Small company.