cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structured Archives question

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
I have a question about structured archives. Let's say I have a current 4.0 CP6 EV server that has been doing Mailbox Archiving. Since they are using EV 4, the archives are not structured. So my question is if I upgrade to v5 and then V6 SP2, is there a way to convert their current archives into Structured archives?

I think I would probably have to recreate their indexes I just want to make sure converting them to structured archives is possible.
7 REPLIES 7

W_Wintermute
Level 4
Jason,

You would need to upgrade to 5.0, use the ConvertArchive.htm to convert your mailbox archives to Structured, and then upgrade to EV6.0 SP2. Just doing an index rebuild won't do it.

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified
You cannot convert a archive to structured once you have moved to 6.0 SP2. You want to make sure that you convert them after the upgrade to 5 and prior to the 6 upgrade.

There is a convertarchive.htm in the Enterprise Vault directory.

So basically you are going to:
1. Upgrade to version 5.0 SPx
2 Convert the archives to structured
3. Upgrade to version 6.0 SP2

Note: You can still convert to structured in Base version 6, but SP1 and SP2 do not have that functionality anymore due to changes in configuration.

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
Cool that's good to know. Thanks Walt and PS.

Donnal_Spence
Level 4
This step was completely over looked and not performed when moving 4.x to 5 and the installation is now at 6.0 SP3. Will going into the archive table within the EVDirectory database. Setting the structured column from 0 to 1 and then rebuilding the corresponding indexs work to get the archives to a strucutred state?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Donnal,
This should help.

Cheers,

Donnal_Spence
Level 4
Thanks for the article Tony. I have roughly 3600 archives that need to be rebuilt. Do you now of a table that shows a users name along with their Archive ID. I want to build a script to take care of this for me and need to get the archive ID of all these users.

andra_christie
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Yes - the exchangemailboxentry table is your friend - lists all the details including the default vault id :)