Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supportability Issues

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi All,

Not Enterprise Vault direct, but Enterprise Vault related I guess.

I have recently got a new coffee machine and my Symantec Enterprise Vault Mug does not fit it.  If I remove the draw at the bottom, it complains that the draw is removed.  I flashed the firmware but no go it still does not work.

How do I get a bug in for this one?

imagebrowser image

Lets hope this brings a smile to someone :)

--wayne

23 REPLIES 23

Merv
Level 6
Partner
ROFL...here I am on a sat afternoon looking up a forum to solve my pressing issue...and I have just "wasted"  7 mins reading through these creative out of the box problem solving methodology...heheh..

Incident - can't get any coffee due to interoperatability issue with coffee server H/W infra and existing end user H/W

Problem - An incident does not create a problem however due to the VIP nature of the user involved and the intangible intrinsic value placed on retaining the current end user H/W this problem remains a problem to the VIP and the entire Symantec organization (Note: you gotta admit the Symantec mug looks cooler and functions better (I like to sip my coffee slowly and it should remain hot)  than the workaround to use  compatible Vcare end user h/w )

Known Error - the cause of the problem is incompatible hardware. No detailed RCA done (root cause analysis )This should be updated in the next release of the Coffee Maker Compatibility guide which should  state that Symantec Coffee Mug along with other similar OEM brands like Keepyourcoffeehot.com and stayshotforhours.com is in currently incompatible. This is actually pending an updated latest release of the new plug-in-nozzle addon to the Client Coffee Mug H/W due in the fall of 2009. Watch this space!

Lesson learns:

- Read the compatbility guide and all the fine print in it throughly and undertand the implications of your solution design.
- Get your design verified by experts go to forums like www.cofffeemakers.com/connect for sound impartial advice.
- Do a POC of your design if required and setup a test lab and test test test! Basic errors and incompatiblity isses  like the one above could have been easily avoided.

On a related note, for those who require (which means all of us in the technical side of things ) higher capacity  and faster performance to meet the ever increasing caffeine requirements of your organzation, you are also advised to read the performance guide whichs should read performance and capacify planning guide.

NOTE: Failure to carefully read and implement coffee making solutions based on the compatibility and performance guides will result in supportability issues during project implementation or worse still  when the coffee goes live and into production. Coffee downtime  could be disasterous to employee productivity and reconfiguration patches upgrades would incur high cost,further lost in productivity and most importantly hard to get approval from the business and management.

Just my 2 cents...or should I call this long blabber of a post my dollars worth! ;)

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Just hilarious!!!

Thank you very much, you made my day! ;)

I should get trusted advisor @ coffeemakers.com, too... :) :)

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Merv
Level 6
Partner
Michel,
I'm actually wasting another 7 minutes re-reading my own post...it is hilarious..the things we go through on a daily basis to get things working from a coffee maker perspective!!

Wayne you should  log a case with your  brand x corffeemaker and see what they have to say ;). I hope they get back to you the next working day with a better workaround than trusted advisor lol!! No offence but ddn't bother with Symantec....evenlogging  raising a critical severity level case ticket won't get you a call back/email back or refund back!! LOL!

shinobivsme
Level 2
Haha! I like!!! I really want that symantec thermos mug tho! got any spares :D