Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec EV9 will not archive message that is restored by user manually

Roy_
Level 3
Partner

Environment: Exchange 2010 + EV9

Problem: EV will archive message everyday. When user restored an archived message manually, EV will not archive this restored message afterward.

It's a normal behavior or some settings to let EV archive again?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bruce_Cranksh1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

@ Roy

This is by design as mentioned as now  EV uses the Last  Modification date  of the restored item when determining if the item is eligible to be archived  ,and the Modification Date would be when you restored the item

So I would suggest adding the following Registry key to the EV server to archive restored items .Set the value to 2

HKLM\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents

IgnoreEVDates

0 = Off

1 = Ignore Archived date

2 = Ignore Restored date

3 = Ignore both Archived and Restored date

See the article below which discusses this registry key

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH49033&actp=search&viewlocale=en_U... 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

When you say it will not archive it again after it has been restored. do you mean manually or via the Scheduled Archive run?

If manually then get a client trace / server dtrace of an attempt to manually archive and then post here.

If you mean automatically then i suspect that the restored email does not meet the archiving policy as the email attributes have been changed by the restore. Compare your policy settings against the restored mail. You could also dtrace a server driven archive run for that specific mailbox and the dtrace will tell you per email message whether the email is archived or not.

Roy_
Level 3
Partner

The restored email can be archived again manually but not automatically.

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Ok, so do what I suggested, you may also want to use a tool like MFCMapi to view the email atrributes to see what's changed.

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee

worth looking at this TN Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH49417   

Bruce_Cranksh1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

@ Roy

This is by design as mentioned as now  EV uses the Last  Modification date  of the restored item when determining if the item is eligible to be archived  ,and the Modification Date would be when you restored the item

So I would suggest adding the following Registry key to the EV server to archive restored items .Set the value to 2

HKLM\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents

IgnoreEVDates

0 = Off

1 = Ignore Archived date

2 = Ignore Restored date

3 = Ignore both Archived and Restored date

See the article below which discusses this registry key

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH49033&actp=search&viewlocale=en_U...