cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Enterprise Vault 9.0 POC setup

ursghouse
Level 3

Hi,

Iam working in a team where we used to provide Messaging solution for various clients of our organization. For this we have developed a POC lab and implemented Exchange 2010 infratructure. We also want to integrate the Messaging platform with Symantec EV 9.0, so that we can evaluate and have this setup for ever. The purpose is to show and explain the benefits of this archival solution over the benefits of Exchange 2010 Archive.

For this POC lab I am searching for a Installable of Symatec EV 9.0, non-expiring edition. Pls help me to get the installables and key for it. Atleast a evaluation version to learn how to install and administer it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

smart2011
Level 4

Hi,

I'll suggest you to contact your Symantec Account manager. Alternativley you can order NFR licenses of EV.

Normally Symantec technical ppl do have readymade demo of different product e.g. enterprie vault, netbackup and Altiris. try to ping them for any possibility of demo.

You can also find some scripts on Symatnec partnerIQ site to prepare EV lab.

I hope that will work for you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

smart2011
Level 4

Hi,

I'll suggest you to contact your Symantec Account manager. Alternativley you can order NFR licenses of EV.

Normally Symantec technical ppl do have readymade demo of different product e.g. enterprie vault, netbackup and Altiris. try to ping them for any possibility of demo.

You can also find some scripts on Symatnec partnerIQ site to prepare EV lab.

I hope that will work for you.

ursghouse
Level 3

Please let me know what is NFR license.

If I suggest any of my client to procure Symatec EV9.0, what will be the cost. Whether it will be like one time basis payment or it is based on user using it. like .8$ per user per month. Please clarify.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This is a license which is normally given to resellers, so they can demonstrate the product, without having to get a trial license every time. without timelimit

Regards. Gertjan

ursghouse
Level 3

Thanks GertjanA. Please let me know the cost of procuring the EV 9.0 tool. Whether it will be a like a payment on 1. number of times it installed on a box. or it is based on number of users going to use the archival feature. (like Some $ per month per user basis)

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You should contact your Symantec Account rep or a Symantec reseller partner.  They can get you a quote on EV and work with you on pricing.  They might also assist you in the setting up the POC if the deal is large enough.

Licensing for Mailbox Archiving is based on active users.

You can use this link to find a partner if you do not have a Symc rep.

http://partnerlocator.symantec.com/public/search/