cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Symantec Enterprise vault found outlook client email archive item is pending state

akaradeach
Level 3

Hello,

this is my environment.

OS is Windows 2008 R2 SP1 64bit 

SQL Server 2008 R2 64bit

MS Office 2007 SP3

Symantec enterprise vault 10.0.3.1090

I setup EV Server already and re-run check and show "No problem Detect" now.

but Outlook email archive item shortcut show icon with clock. it is pending shortcut. and status "do not copy, move, or delete this item, Either enterprise vault is archiving the item. or it has been archived an awaiting for backup"

How Can I change it to full shortcut of archive?

I try to solve this error for 2 month and cannot find answer and cannot fix it. Anyone know about this issue please help me or advise me, please.

thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You'll need a client trace....

And a DTRACE of the server side to see the request coming (ArchiveTask, w3wp, etc).

What happens if you archive items via the mailbox archiving task, rather than the end-user? I mean are your backups working properly? An item won't change from pending, to fully archived, until after a backup has run.

Working for cloudficient.com

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

How many mailboxes are being affected? I could see that you are using the trigger file. Have you reviewed this technote:

How to use a trigger file (IgnoreArchiveBitTrigger.txt or PartitionSecuredNotification.xml) for devices that do not support the Archive bit
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH35610

If this is affecting only one mailbox, then check if the mailbox is enabled for archiving. Have you recreated the archiving task for any reason? Take a look at the MSMQ and see if you have items in the storage queue or A1 queues. This technote has more details regarding this MSMQ queue:

Message Queue for EV 8 and above
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH164832

I hope this helps.

gebrial
Level 2

In my Outlook, splitting is best way to archive big PST file into smaller parts. As I know, some third party vendors are proving advanced Outlook splitter software for such purpose. Stellar Phoenix PST file splitter is one of them.