cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Mailbox and Enable/Diable dont work

Weasel
Level 5
Hello all,

I have a problem when try to sync mailboxes. I think it is since we changed the password for the Ev Service Account. We followed exactly the instructions to do this and all work fine.
But: When I try to sync manually a mailbox it says that the mailbox could not be synchronized. In eventlog I get this error:
Ereignistyp: Fehler
Ereignisquelle: Enterprise Vault
Ereigniskategorie: Agent Client Broker
Ereigniskennung: 3188
Datum:  23.11.2007
Zeit:  14:12:09
Benutzer:  Nicht zutreffend
Computer: 2AMAILARCHIV
Beschreibung:
An error occurred performing a request to synchronize the mailbox /o=ardenne-at/ou=Erste administrative Gruppe/cn=Recipients/cn=sternwarte.
Error: The class should be initialized before calling this function    [0xc004088e]
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.veritas.com/rosetta/showevent.asp
and if try to disable archiving:
Ereignistyp: Fehler
Ereignisquelle: Enterprise Vault
Ereigniskategorie: Agent Client Broker
Ereigniskennung: 3140
Datum:  23.11.2007
Zeit:  10:40:37
Benutzer:  Nicht zutreffend
Computer: 2AMAILARCHIV
Beschreibung:
An error occurred whilst disabling archiving for the mailbox %2
Error: <0x80040115>
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.veritas.com/rosetta/showevent.asp
Searched for this errors but did not found any solution. We have EV60SP3.
When I set the EV Service Account separat (and unchecking "use the vault service account") at the log on tab in the Archiving task properties it is working well! I am wondered because it is the same account...
Thanks for help!
Cheers
Ralf

Message Edited by RalfM on 11-23-2007 05:19 AM
10 REPLIES 10

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Ralf

I don't really know why, but I saw the same issue several times before.
I think you're all set with manually changing the password for the archiving account.

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Weasel
Level 5
Michel,

thanks for your reply. May be that changing the password of the service account is the reason. I would say that the agentclientbroker.exe still working with the old password?
However, I typed in the account manually instead checking to use the service account and it works.
I hope this issue will be reolved when we update our EV to 2007.

Cheers
Ralf

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
After you changed VSA did you log out of your local session on the EV server then log back into the server using the new password.

I have experienced issues like this in the past. I always verify that there are no users using remote sessions when I change passwords and I always log out and login to the server so I know the session is using the most recent windows access token.

Jim S.

Weasel
Level 5
Jim,

of course I did so. And I checked to access the systemmailbox and so on. Everything is ok and the task works as it should.

Let's see what happens when upgrading

Cheers

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Have you tried a VSA reset?

Weasel
Level 5
Hello Paul,
what procedure do you exactly mean with RESET of the vsa? Can you explain this please? I typed in the new password for the vsa at the properties page of the directory, described in http://support.veritas.com/docs/283722. Think this is what you mean?

Ralf

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Ralf

Correct, that's what paul meant.

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
If you are still having the problem today then try this.

1. Run Dtrace on the Enterprise Vault server and log the output.

2. Dtrace the Archiving Task (Do this when the environment is not archiving).

3. Synchronize the mailboxes.

4. Check the log for any errors where the system mailbox is making a call to the Exchange server.

5. Paste that information in this thread.

Also,

I know this happened after a password change but it is a good practice to use the SMTP mail address of the system mailbox rather that the name of the mailbox.

Outlook clients fail to archive or retrieve items in Enterprise Vault for Microsoft Exchange.

The above tech note is normally used in environments where there is more than one Mailbox Archiving task that have  the "system mailboxes" with similar names.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Troubleshoot authentication:

1. Login to the EV server as the VSA
2. Create a profile on the EV serve with the system account. (Mail account in the task.)
3. Login to the Exchange server.
4. Send an email to your user account or any other user account.
5. I am willing to bet if you are still having the problem with EV then then steps 1-4 with return an error.

This indicates that the problem is probable not EV so this information will help isolate the problem to windows authentication.

I don't want to be to long winded so lets collect your results.

Jim S.

Jim S.

Weasel
Level 5
Jim,

Thanks for your advice with dtrace!
I made a Dtrace at AgentClientBroker and the result was that this process searched the gc for the exchange server dn, but it did it on a dc where we removed the gc (weeks ago).
Rebooting the ev server resolved the problems. Smiley Very Happy

Cheers
Ralf

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Excellent! Smiley Wink

Jim S