cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test EV Migration from 9.0.2 to 10.0.4

PoorAdmin
Level 6

We are on the verge of migrating our EV system from 9 to 10. One concern that we have is our SAN storage. We've had in a couple of instancea where we had problems mounting a SAN drive after moving an application to another server. We don't want that to be an issue with this migration. So, a couple of questions that I hope someone could help with. First, I would think that we could abort the migration if the partitions fail to mount correct? Since the 9 environment is still in place. I can't really think of any way of testing this without going through all of the steps. I can't test a mount without importing the migration file correct? Any response appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, all the install is going to do is load EV on the environment.  When you import the migration package that is when the upgrade of the databases will occur.  Just follow the SSMW guide and you should be ok.

Happy to help!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TonySterling

Yes, you can roll back.  If memory serves correctly the steps are outlined in the Server Settings Migration Wizard pdf.

PoorAdmin
Level 6

So, if I complete EV install on new x64 server and import migration package, then try to mount SAN partitions and they fail, all I have to do is revert my environmental changes on the EV 9 server to go back to normail operations? Is that what I'm understanding?

TonySterling

Yep, that is it in a nutshell. What I would do is try to mount the storage before you even import that package. 

PoorAdmin
Level 6

Ok, everything mounts fine. I have not installed EV 10 on the server yet. Is it okay to install while the partitions are mounted or sould it be installed before mouning the partitions?

TonySterling

You are good to go.  The partitions need to be there before you import the migration package so plug ahead.

TS

PoorAdmin
Level 6

And it's ok for them to be there while doing the 10.0.4 install? BTW thanks a lot.

TonySterling

Yes, all the install is going to do is load EV on the environment.  When you import the migration package that is when the upgrade of the databases will occur.  Just follow the SSMW guide and you should be ok.

Happy to help!