Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'The item could not be downloaded. [CNOD]' when opening an archived item

vmds
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hello,

the clients on one of our customers side came across an issue which is documented here: http://support.veritas.com/docs/333472

The Archive Explorer and the integrated search are configured to open in outlook.

However, the workaround described in the article dont work for us as they are meant for the intgrated search set to open in outlook and the archive explorer set to open in a new window.
Is there another, undocumented, workaround available?

Is there a way to request a solution from Symantec?

greetings
anett

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
What it means, is that when you click on the button in the EV Outlook Add-in toolbar for integrated searched, normally you still have the Outlook "Folder List" visible down the left hand side.  This displays your Outlook folders still, eg Inbox, Sent Items etc.

Click on one of those folders, which will shutdown Integrated Search properly, I think... so instead of going from Search straight to Archive Explorer (for example) you go back to normal Outlook first, then Archive Explorer.

Hope that helps,
Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
 There is no fix at the moment, it's in a queue for the dev's too take a look at.  Some work has already been done (I owned the escalation) but unfortunately we weren't able to track the cause of the problem, yet.

What you're seeing is just a variation of it.  Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done... though the workarounds do work (if you can persuade users to do them) if you have archive explorer and integrated search to both open within Outlook.

vmds
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hello Rob,

thanks for the Info.

Could you clarify the workaround #2 ?

2. When using Integrated Search, if a folder is selected in Outlook to shut down Integrated Search and then Archive Explorer is launched the issue will not occur.
---> "if a folder is selected in Outlook to shut down Integrated Search and then Archive Explorer is launched" i think i dont got the sentence right cause i cant reproduce the workaround (sorry, english isnt my native language :) )

greetings

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
What it means, is that when you click on the button in the EV Outlook Add-in toolbar for integrated searched, normally you still have the Outlook "Folder List" visible down the left hand side.  This displays your Outlook folders still, eg Inbox, Sent Items etc.

Click on one of those folders, which will shutdown Integrated Search properly, I think... so instead of going from Search straight to Archive Explorer (for example) you go back to normal Outlook first, then Archive Explorer.

Hope that helps,

vmds
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Yes makes sense, thank you for explaining.

Lets hope there is a proper fix soon :)

greetings
anett

//Edit

By the way: i can reproduce the Problem on our Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server (but not on my WIndows 7 Workstation):

Open integrated Search
Search and retrieve an item
Open Archive Explorer
Search an item and upon trying to retrieve the item i get the error message.

Seems a bit different then the Scenario 2 described in the article as my try bails out at point 4, and not after open the integrated search again.