cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Logging In To Forum?

MarkOlsen
Level 4
I am wondering if I am the only one having trouble logging into the EV discussion forum or perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

I have a short cut to the discussion forum, and if I click on the upper right hand Sign In icon, the screen just refreshes and nothing happens. It's almost as if it thinks I'm logged in already but I'm not really because the Post icons are not there nor does it display my name.

Yet, if I click on My Account, it clearly shows who I am.

I tried Clearing Cookies and that doesn't seem to make a difference.

I finally click on the Discussion Forum section and clicked Sign In and this time, it seemed to work. It's almost as if there is some sort of bug where it is only successful if you Sign In from the general Discussion Forum section and not from within the EV forum itself.

Anyone have an idea what might be going on? Is anyone else experiencing such an issue?
3 REPLIES 3

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Brother you're not alone.

This is sorta why I have two ID's with identical names on this silly thing. The thing that I found which works is shortcutting to the EV support main page, and then clicking manually on the forum.

So yeah, welcome to the club. :)

micah

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
I had the same issue. I think it is to do with where you log in from. I cleared my cache and cookies, clicked on the EV Forum, clicked Sign In and just got the same page every time!!

Went to a colleagues machine who uses the forum to, and his favourite was set to the Discussion Forum Home page, logged in there ok.

I would suggest you make the main http://forums.symantec.com/discussions your saved page, log in there and then browse to EV. This works every time for me now.

Regards,

Mark

Ed_Bruce
Not applicable
Had the same problem when I first created my account.

I eventually found a notice posted somewhere that said to make sure to use the symantec.com URL. You can get to these forums through veritas.com or symantec.com URLs but only the symantec URL allows you to post.